aiptasia?

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas

looks like it right??

should i get a peppermint shrimp to get them all?

i already have a skunk cleaner shrimp so will that be alright?

im just going to get a really small one.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
dont see anything in the pic really ..if it is aptasia then theres a chance if u get peppermints theyll eat it...mine did *thumbsups if theres not much just get 1 and if he dont eat them oh well u got a $4 shrimp :p

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Those just look lie feather dusters to me. ??? Its hard to really tell. Apastia has a pink color to them and they look like little anenomies. Ive heard Joes Juice works but I never had luck with it. You have to cut your flow for a few minutes and also try not to get it on any other coral. I just get too nervous. Try a pepermint if you think they are apastia. They are very well know for eating them.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
still very hard to tell from the pics...i dont see aptasia though...aptasi is usually a tiny brown curly cue looking anenome.....

didnt look like hydriods either...hydriods are usually a cluster of tiny brown feathers... i agree with fishgeek that from what i see they just look like some type of feather worm

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
i think its some type of hydroids....i also found a jellyfish (brown) swimming around. it looked really cool. (it acually got sucked in my power head... i though it would be shrewded to a thousand pieces but it came out unharmed.)

its seems to be gone now...man my chaeto seems to be filled with hitchhikers. so wats the best way to get rid of hydroids....?

btw they have gotten a lot bigger...and some even turned brown.