Air bubbles?

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
What would cause air bubbles, or at least they look like air bubbles, to form? They are on some rocks and some parts of the sand. I only have one 250 mh bulb and these bubbles are only on the side with the light.

CoolWaters said:
plants and fungus dont produce carbon dioxide.

QUOTE]

Where in the heck did you learn your BIOLOGY at? Ever hear of the process
PHOTOSYNTHESIS? See the equation below:

6H2O + 6CO2 ----------> C6H12O6+ 6O2...in other words:
six molecules of water plus six molecules of carbon dioxide produce one molecule of sugar plus six molecules of oxygen

COOLWATERS QUOTE :
"could it be bubble algae?"

You NEED CO2 for plants..... and what do you think ALGAE is?

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well actually it could be cyano which is actually a bacteria.......which does produce small bubbles...I would keep your eye on it and if it looks like it is forming a coating of sorts then you may have a cyano outbreak.....which knowing your tank age wouldn't be totally out of the question.....algae and cyano can be fed by excess tods.....and even though your tests for nitrates etc are reading zero you could still have high amounts ......keep us posted on what goes on....

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
it could be the oxygen that builds up in your tank from the dust particals...

i added some cool looking rocks and they started to bubble up its because of the dust that settled on it over time.

got that from a discovery channel when they did the (how bubbles form in wine, and is it good for you?)

lol?