Air pumps?

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
Air pumps provide oxygen for the water, bu if you have plants, then you want to stay away from forced oxygenation as the agitation at the water's surface drives off CO2. I love the bubble walls myself, and hopefully someday I can have one and still have enough CO2 in my tank for the plants to grow.

depthC

Superstar Fish
Feb 24, 2003
WI
Im sure plenty of people use them. I use them in a few of my tanks ...

I dont use them to admire the bubbles but i use them to power sponge fitlers. Back in the day yeah they were cool to power those air driven ordaments but now that Ive learned the world of aquatic plants there is no need for them the suit my eye appeal. A tank full of plants looks so nature and beautiful.

Andrew

May 11, 2005
Northern, VA.
www.freewebs.com
hehe yeah I remember the bobbing diver everyone used to have. I wouldn't want get an air powered ornament just a few bubbles here and there.

Even though I love the look of live plants, I'm having enough trouble just keeping fish. Maybe after a while I can try a planted tank.

I use a 12 inch bubble stone and a 4 inch circle bubble stone. I like the bubbles but I do it more for air in the water. I can't hear my pump either. It may not be good in planted tanks...but my red devils tear apart my fake plants I wood hate to see what they would do too real plants.
P.s. The red devil and convict will play in the bubbles!!! Fun to watch!!