Air trapped in filter, how do I get it out?

Jun 28, 2005
I have a aqua bio filter for last two years, but last two days after the water change, it has become VERY noisy. I checked online and it said that it could be trapped air, because I see lot of air bubbles on the top of the filter. But, nowhere does it tell me how to remove the trapped air. I tried shaking it, turning it sideways and even unplugging and plugging it back, nothing is working. I even took it out, cleaned it and put it back, but it still makes a gurgling sound. What can I do to remove the trapped air. I know its the air because for two three seconds after doing the above, the noise stops and then it starts all over agian. :confused:

Jun 28, 2005
Submariner said:
Try closing the valve all the way (I assume there is one?) and then opening it very slowly. Usually works for me. Also make sure the water level in your tank is good.
Thanks a bunch, but I figured it out. It wasnt my filter which was the culprit but my airstone. The bubbles from my airstone were coming too close to my water sucking tube (or whatever they call it) and so along with the water it was taking in ait, so though I did everything, the problem remianed. I have repositioned my airstone and the problem is gone!!!!!*BOUNCINGS I am such an idiot*crazysmil :D

eah

Small Fish
Jun 4, 2006
Mass
Hahaha. The same thing just happened to me. I was about to tell you that your airstone might be the problem, but you already figured it out. ;)