Algae Blenny jumped into overflow tank!!

dlee300z

Small Fish
Oct 30, 2007
HELP!!!

I was wondering where the blenny went today until I took a peak at the overflow and it was in there!!!!

The plus side is that there is plenty of hair algae growing in there and I am feeding it still but how the hell do you get a blenny out of there.

dlee300z

Small Fish
Oct 30, 2007
well, turned off pump, checked inside w/ a flashlight, nothing. I do have a plastic net covering the pump just in case and nothing. I even checked the hose to the sump, nada. I'm hoping that it jumped back into the tank somehow and hiding in the rocks. So sad.

dlee300z

Small Fish
Oct 30, 2007
Found him again in the Overflow tank. I had my wife hold a flashlight as I tried to catch him w/ a net. This little sucker can sure move. It ate all my hair algae in the over flow which is a good thing I guess, LOL.

I got so pissed off and wet that I decided to turn off the pump, take out the drain pipe, drained the over flow until the water was no more then 3 inches.

I then caught it and threw it back in the tank.

The funny thing is I'm still trying to figure out how it got in there. I'm not sure if it did a super JUMP or if it could somehow crawl upwards.

All i know is that the next time it gets in there, i'm gonna let it stay there hehehe