Algae Eaters

Mr.Fish

Small Fish
Feb 21, 2005
I just got my fish tank about a week or so ago. I have a Tertra,Barb and Catfish. I notice a little algae building up so I am thinking about getting an algae eater soon and maybe another catfish so he has a friend. Any suggestions for algae eaters?

Jan 19, 2005
Astoria, NY
www.freewebs.com
oto cats are good algae eaters, u could probably get 3 coz they work better in groups... or amano shrimps... although i think there are still more algae eaters out there, but i think this is the most common ones that will fit in your tank... 10g right?

MrParker

Large Fish
Feb 16, 2005
So Cal
Otos work great on the brown algea, they gety every toppside/underside of every leaf, gotta love em. However....

Ive been noticing hair algea developing on my microsword. Looks blac and about 3-4 mm long, tried to scrape it off, and it feels very rough. Are there fish or critters out there that will munch it off?

chasely

Medium Fish
Feb 19, 2005
MrParker said:
Otos work great on the brown algea, they gety every toppside/underside of every leaf, gotta love em. However....

Ive been noticing hair algea developing on my microsword. Looks blac and about 3-4 mm long, tried to scrape it off, and it feels very rough. Are there fish or critters out there that will munch it off?
I'm having the exact same problem...so I'll be interested to hear everyone's responses.