Algae

coxmaster

Small Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Kansas
**Algae and New fish**

Hey everybody im new but i hope you can answer my questions. So currently i own a 10 gallon freshwater tank. It has some algae but not oo bad. My current fish is one red tetra. I have been too lazy to buy more. First what type of new fish would you reccommend i buy. I have had lots of tetras and i was something better. Second: what type of algae eater would you reccommend?

Thanks Everybody*celebrate

Last edited:

coxmaster

Small Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Kansas
DO you guys have any reccomendations for where to buy the fish? I usually go to walmart or petco. I try to stay away from petsmart b/c last time i bought there all 7 of my fish died from Ich. Petsmart denied that it was at all because of their fish i purchased.

coxmaster

Small Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Kansas
I'm not completely experienced but i know what im doing. I can handle barbs and tetras with no problem. I want something that is new and has a challenge. I also want it to look good.

coxmaster

Small Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Kansas
It really isn't a new tank. I've had it for about 3 years. The problem is is just got lazy and didn't have time (because of school) to clean it very well. Now i am willing to sacrafic some social time to maintain my tank a lot better. Hopefully impressing my parents so i can get a bigger tank.

coxmaster

Small Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Kansas
Well i dont think they are going to be able to completely clean it. The algae is sooo bad i cant see through the glass very well. Im planning on cleaning it completely next weekend. Unless we get the 12" of snow predicted then i wont have school and i will do it tomorrow. (or tuesday)