Algae

jade71301

Large Fish
Jan 26, 2006
Quebec, Canada
I have this brown Algae forming up in my tank again. Is there some chemical that can get rid of it? If not how do I get rid of it. It is on my decorations and fake plants and there was a bit on the glass which I cleaned. Do you think B clear would help? :mad:

Last edited:

jade71301

Large Fish
Jan 26, 2006
Quebec, Canada
do oto's poop a lot??? Do they get big cause I only have a 5 gal tank. What temp does it need and will it get along with my cory fish and guppies??? Have the algae wafers so its not prob for food. As long as they don't hurt other fish and poop long poops like my Pleco did, I may get one lol.

jade71301

Large Fish
Jan 26, 2006
Quebec, Canada
Its ok, thanks but I am not too keen on getting another fish, but I bought another apple snail. Hopefully with the two of them the algae will start to deminish. I had 2 of my friends snails in my tank and it was beautiful not a spot of algae. So I hope for the same results soon lol.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I wouldn't recommend any more fish in your 5g tank, as it's already overstocked. Your apple snail may clean some of it up. You can take the plants out and scrub them in hot water to remove the brown algae. More water changes would probably help, too. Brown algae is usually only temporary in newish tanks.