Alge Eater

jamiejay09

Large Fish
Dec 14, 2009
England
Hello,

you can easily tie some fishing wire to the cucmber and a rock and this will keep it fully submerged at the bottem of the tank.
Or you could take the simple option and bury it half in the gravel, once a pleco has hold of it, it isnt going anywhere! goodluck:)

Sep 30, 2010
California
facebook.com
well tell me if i did this ok...
I seen a video on youtube of a pleco going crazy on a cucumber
So i did like the video and cut a chunk of cucumber and stuck it on a fork
Is that ok?

Also with my oscar
I fed him 2 pellets because i guess he went to attack the 3rd and it just deteriorated but about 10 minutes later all i heard was a pretty loud click i seen that he attacked the glass at the top of the tank. so i gave him 1 more pellet. they are top fin small cichlid pellets. Is that Ok?? Its a new small size oscar how many would you guys say to feed it? and how so often??

Last edited:

jamiejay09

Large Fish
Dec 14, 2009
England
I dont know much about the oscar situation. But the fork and cucumber is not a good idea, simply because one of the fish could very easily damage themselves on the sharp points.

Sep 30, 2010
California
facebook.com
I dont know much about the oscar situation. But the fork and cucumber is not a good idea, simply because one of the fish could very easily damage themselves on the sharp points.
ok then i just took out the fork and put the cucumber like dug into the gravel a little bit. but my pleco hasnt even touched the cucumber :( although he loves to go crazy on the left side of the tank like speed racing up and down the wall

ryanoh

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2010
I used to rubberband a plastic fork to my magnetic glass cleaner and jam the pointy end of the work through the squash and into the gravel so the fish couldn't stab themselves with it.

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
I think the fork thing will be fine as long as the points are buried in the cucumber. also, cause cucumber is like 90% water its not very nutritious. try zucchini as it has more nutritional value.