All I wanted to do was move a mushroom

Feb 25, 2008
Savage, MN
frag that my turbo snail knocked over. In the process, I managed to bump one of my rocks and half of my rock work came tumbling down. Its really hard to aquascape Carribean LR, especially when you have two flesh hungry, blood thirsty Percs in the tank that are highly territorial of their home. I couldn't get it back the way it was, so I figured I would rearrange it so I would have more shelf area for corals. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. I finally ended up shutting down the return pumps and powerheads. That kept those two nasty little carnivores at bay. I was able to get something done that doesn't look too bad. When I was done I think there was more water on me and on the floor(one reason I like ceramic tile on my living room Floor.) I will have to look at it tomorrow when I have some light. Only problem was that in the process, a rock fell and chopped off part of my frogspawn. I hope I can salvage it.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i picked up some 2 part underwater epoxy to secure my new aquacaping... i havnt really used it yet because my rocks arnt quit how i want them yet but ill let you know if it works!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i dont plan on epoxying EVERYTHING.... and they can still be broken apart if you choose to do that ... all its going to do is prevent what just happend to you

Jan 20, 2010
little rock, arkansas
i am with fish monger on this. as much as epoxy is a good theory as to be able to keep your design how you like it, if you ever do need to move something around or maybe wanna change something due to a new coral or something coming into your tank it is sooo much work trying to take those pieces apart that are epoxyed. i would just go with whatever new setup you can come up with. i recently added some new lr to my latest project and put it in there and thought " yeah that looks ok" but spent the rest of the day picturing it in my head," hmm if i move this piece over here and that piece there i will get this look over here" and so on and so forth. so i came back and rearranged EVERYTHING. probably not the best idea BUT i am sooo much more happy with what i got that what i originally had set up. too bad i am having to move my tank in about 2 weeks due to an emergency move. anyone have any suggestions as to the best process to make this happen? i have done one move of a living system before which went well but i wasnt there to see how it lived afterwards. sorry for such a long post