Allow myself, to introduce...myself

Flex26

Large Fish
Apr 21, 2003
Delaware County, PA
Visit site
Per Froggy's suggestion, I am finally introducing myself after 400 posts. I apologize for being rude and not introducing myself when I first registered. I didn't realize that there was an introduction section at the time. My apologies to all.

My name is Lex (short for Alexander). I am from the Philadelphia area. I work for financial services firm as a data analyst on defined benefit pension plans

I got into fishkeeping about a year ago. I have learned alot from everyone here. I appreciate all of your help, everyone.

Originally, I wanted to get a turtle. I did some research on turtle keeping and decided that keeping fish would be easier. Just get an aquarium, filter, gravel, and some fish. Then add water. How hard could it be? :rolleyes:

Haha - didn't know keeping fish was so addictive!!

Anyway, thanks to everyone on MFT!! :D

Managuense

Superstar Fish
May 16, 2003
Springfield, MO
welcome to the tank flex!

an article about cycling is posted in the FW beginner section, you may read that before you move onto more advanced topics. :D

after that, you can tackle some of the more advanced topics here at myfishtank such as the breeding of incredibly incompatible species (everyone remember the "oscar + guppy" thread?)

Flex26

Large Fish
Apr 21, 2003
Delaware County, PA
Visit site
Originally posted by Leopardess
LOL flex, I don't think she was referring to you! But cool, and a 400 post belated Welcome To The Tank!:)
Yeah, I know. I just realized that I was one of those people who just jumps into a conversation uninvited. How rude?

after that, you can tackle some of the more advanced topics here at myfishtank such as the breeding of incredibly incompatible species (everyone remember the "oscar + guppy" thread?)
So oscars and guppies can't hybridize?! I better get my oscar out of the 10g then....

lol, delayed, welcome to the tank! when i first joined, i never found this one either! and i never really did properly introduce myself, and i dont feel like it! :) i just said, oh there i never knew there was a forum here! lol, ANYWAYS, turtles arent too hard to take care of. it depends on your species. i have a Soft Shell Turtle and he (or she, im thinking its a girl) is GREAT, but it DID make my whole family (besides me) crazy, they talk to him *shivers* and when i talk i dont mean the hi, i mean they just yell it's name when they walk by it, scares the fish outta me everytime they do that...