alter40's 10g native tank.

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Here is my new I finally got setup. I'm not collecting fish for this one like I did with the last native tank setup. For the substrate I am using just plain top soil on the very bottom with pea gravel on the top. So far I have some hornwort and banana plants, I'm still looking locally for more plants that are native to North America. So far for fish I have 4 very small banded pygmy sunfish that I just received in the mail yesterday. I'm not really sure exactly what else I'm going to put in the tank, but I will be adding a few more fish in the near future.

Here are some pictures of the setup so far.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for me. Thanks *SUPERSMIL

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
looks good. the fuzzy plants around here in the midwest where I'm from is always called coon tail. and is a pain to walk through in 2 feet of watter with a foot of mud duck hunting lol

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
The chances of seeing one grow to that size from what I have read is about as good a chance of hitting the lottery.lol. Mine are still around 3/4 to maybe an inch after 2 months, and they do get plenty of food, my males have taken on breeding colors though so I am hopeful that soon I will have some fry but with the adult size I think the fry may be microscopic..lol, my blue spotted sunfish arrived thursday in good health, I had enough time to acclimate them then leave town until today.

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I know you know what inches are Helena but somebody has to pick on you haha

I'm pretty sure these fish will stay very small like Brian said and I plan on putting a few other fish in here as well so any fry will more then likely be gone pretty quick if they do breed.