Large Fish
Mar 2, 2005
Michigan
I have a 55 Gallon tank with
10 Danio
6 Scissortails
7 Corys
4 Ottos.

My tank seems so empty and colorless just wondered if I could add some colorful fish

Thanks oh I am very good about my water changes and feedings.

if all the fish were in a 30g you'd be perfectly on or close to the stocking limit so that sorta gives you an idea of how many more fish you could still get. If you want more color i would probably get another school of something but you already have a lot of schooling fish... maybe an angel or two? (reccomended angels 3 times today already lol) 2 angels will probably hit the limit perfectly but it is always good to stay understocked, that way your fish are more healthy (maybe i should try making my tank understocked :D). Also have you ever considered some swordtails or mollies? they get quite big compared tot he other livebearers and provide lots of color, i think maybe 1 male and 2 females would fit in the tank quite nice but then you'll have to worry about the fry...

discus4everGrl

Superstar Fish
May 24, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
well I gonna jump on the recommendations and recommend something I have recommended two times today too. (now thats alot of recommends in one sentence) dwarf cichlids like rams, kribs, apistos are very colorful and have good personalitys. Angels are nice too, but they are sometimes like pitbulls - theres always a mean one in the batch somewhere.