am i doing this righs

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Five of those pellets is too much. I feed mine one in the morning and one at night, and occasionally skip a day. A betta's stomach is only as big as its eye, so one of those pellets is usually enough. Don't forget to change his water every week :)

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Hi knifefishfreack,

3 gallon is a nice size ... most adults can live long lives in a 3 gallon. 5 and 10 gallons are a little easier to heat and filter, (more room).

5 bio-gold is too much IMO... 3 per day, tops. I would suggest a smaller food, like betta bits.. bio-gold expands a LOT in water, imagine how it affects their stomacs.

If and when you get a 10 gallon, just avoid the temptation of adding a lot of fish in there with him. Bettas dont like company, period.

Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
3 bio gold per day. max. listen to us ;)

also the 3g is fine for the rest of this fishs life. Filter it on a low flow gentle filter, heat it to about 80F and heavily plant it, with low light plants like anubias. You should only need 3 rhizomes of anubias on a nice little log and they will soon overgrow the entire tank and make your betta a happy man.

Do water changes daily if you want a truly majestic betta. Bettas that live in ANY nitrate will not reward you with their majestic maximum

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I have never had a problem from feeding bettas 5 Bio-gold pellets per day. They eat it all as quickly as they can, they aren't fat, and none has ever bloated. A human stomach isn't all that big, either, but it will hold an awful lot if you let it ;).

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
you might also offer him things like frozen bloodworms, (just like two or three) for variety. I disagree that a ten gallon woudl tire him out, but like Iggy said if you do choose to add other species be very careful what they are. Bettas IME will tolerate company as long as it is of the very docile low key sort.