Ammo Lock

Feb 5, 2008
N.Y.
Still doing daily water changes (50% plus). Ammonia levels before change gets up to about 2. After it drops below 1. Nitrites and Nitrates are at OK levels.

Is it Ok to use Ammo lock to help keep the ammonia level not as toxic while the tank cycles?

Will continue with the changes everyday. Fish are lively and active. Watching close though.

Dec 20, 2007
North Lousiana
I think I read somewhere that with the Ammo Lock you won't be able to get a true reading when you test the water. Unless it's just super duper high and you are having a hard time keeping it down, I personally wouldn't use it. I want to know exactly what is going on in my water so I know when to do a water change. Others may disagree. Wait for some more replies.

Feb 5, 2008
N.Y.
I was at work and my son called saying the water got milky white and the ammonia was sky high. My wife did a 50% water change and added the ammo lock. Now I think maybe the water change was all we should have done....

That was this afternoon. Water is getting very milky again now. Hope the ammo lock took some of the toxicity down until tomorrow mornings water change.

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
I heard some one say that the Ammo Lock will keep it high too.

Like I said frequent water changes and Prime. They're your best bet.