Ammonia question

so wut you are saying is that the ammonia can be lowered with no wc's except your weekly one right? Im not sure what you are asking. Is your tank still cycling? You shouldnt do any water changes when your cycling, wut fish are in there? If it gets too high then yeah, i guess wut you rfriend is saying is by not doing any wc's, your starting a bacteria colony, and it will go down as they convert ammonia to nitrates

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
Your ammonia will eventually go down without water changes (as your bacterial colonies multiply) but so will your fish population. The fish will likely go down first.

Once you decide to do a fish-in cycle, you're pretty much committed to monitoring your water parameters and acting immediately for the benefit of your fish.

UP UP AND GUPPY

Superstar Fish
Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
Oh I am commited to my water changes and what not its just he has this in his 10 :

Dwarf Gourami
2 Keyhole Cichlids
3 oto's

Those aren't the right fish either and yet his fish are alive for a while now(about a month since he got them). I am not going to try this because I love my fish I have now and I know wich one is wich. Just wanting to know

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
There is no "right" fish to cycle with.

Over time the bio-filter will cope with the ammonia. You still need to do water changes because the bacteria doesn't "remove" the ammonia, it just converts it to nitrate, which is less toxic, but still bad.

Water changes are a must for 97% of the tanks out there.