ammonia ?

Mar 9, 2009
Culpeper, VA
www.myspace.com
ok so my ammonia was at a little less than .25 today after it being 0 for like a week, so i decided to do a small water change and figured i might as well get the poop out, after wards the ammonia had gone to .25

is it because i stirred up the poo which caused the ammonia mini spike?

Mar 3, 2009
question I notice that 1 of my platy is swimming different that is sometimes she is upside down so I put her in a net for support after an hour i let her go she is fine so what cause this to my fish?

homebunnyj

Superstar Fish
Jul 13, 2005
Western NC
question I notice that 1 of my platy is swimming different that is sometimes she is upside down so I put her in a net for support after an hour i let her go she is fine so what cause this to my fish?
You should start a new thread for this. Your problem may have nothing to do with thanatos'.

When you start the new thread, post up what size tank you have, what fish are in it, how long the tank has been up, whether you know what cycling a tank is, how you take care of your tank, and whether you test your water. If you do, post up the readings for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate -- in numbers, not 'fine' or 'good' or whatever. Does your fish have any other symptoms? Do the other fish? It takes a bit of information to help you figure out what's wrong with your fish. When you give us some info, we'll do our best to help you figure it out.

Mar 13, 2009
Poconos, PA
Do you have a vacuum? If not you can buy one for about $10 or make one yourself using some basic supplies at home. There was a thread posted recently of how to make your own vacuum in the DIY thread. Check it out, its simple but genius.

Joeyb1731

Large Fish
Jan 20, 2009
Oceanside NY
oo ok. I guess thats cutting it kinda close on 3 oscars, you do know that they get very big and produce a huge bioload. Thats probably what your ammo spike is from. Your newly established tank can only handle so much.

sombunya

Large Fish
Jul 25, 2008
So. Cal. USA
I have 4 six inch (head to tail) Bluegills in a 100 gallon tank 60" long, 16" wide, 24" tall.

That's the smallest tank they can live in, I think. Not because of bio load, rather their nature. They need space.

jo3olous

Large Fish
Aug 6, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
ok as of right now, all i have is 3 Oscars, 1 needle nose gar, and one clown knife

tank has started to cycle, and the rest of the stuff i posted up the readings
wow, why did you get oscars... 3? 1 oscar needs 50G to itself... with your gar and clown knife current? I feel like you took all the stocking advice you may have learned and threw it out the window. I gives up