An Oscar and a Blood Parrot

May 24, 2006
I have a 46 gallon tank that used to have an Oscar in it. We moved the Big Oscar to a 55 gallon and put a baby oscar and a red blood parrot in the 46 gal. The tank was already cycled and both of the new fish are the same size. The problem I am having is that the little stinkers seem terrified. They keep hiding in the plants and they won't come out. I have been doing daily water changes up until now but the water is really just fine. I was changing it just in case but the testing is coming out good. Should I continue with the water changes or is this just freaking them out even more? What could be making them so scared? I want to look at them :-(
Any help with this would be great.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Both species can act this way when young, and the parrots are prone to doing it even after they are full grown.

Having both of those fish in that tank isn't such a good idea. The Oscar is most likely going to eventually kill that parrot.

Apr 22, 2003
NYC
shellvergel.blogspot.con
I can't say much about the aggression factor, having no experience with it. But as far as the daily water changes are concerned general knowledge tells me that they're prolly stressing them out more, yes, so keep it at once a week or so. Then they'll have a better chance to enjoy the clean water for a while. If the tank is cycled, then the two young fish won't make much of a mess and the ammonia should be fine.