an update with pics

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
For some reason these pictures look fine on my computer...but online at their current size they give me a headache because of their blurriness...I'm sorry in advance

1) Xenia....its not looking so good...some of its "hands" are turning white...it looked fine in the store, but after a quick acclimation (maybe that's the cause) it didn't look so hot in my tank

2) Candy cane coral...I'm too lazy to look up the scientific name...this is the clearest shot I could get of it

2) my S. dura--still hanging on through all of my "learning" experiences and looking happier than ever

3) coralline algae growing on my live rock...it looks so much better in real life, but that's the best I've got to show

4) because I'm running skimmerless until Christmas, the algae is rearing its ugly head once again...I'm still fighting it mano a mano though

5) because of having no skimmer, the surface of my tank also has a wonderful film...I'm sure I should be worried about this too

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
yeah i forgot about the full tank shot until it was too late...I might be able to get that after work, if I remember

I had a seaclone that caused too many problems and was a hazard, so I decided to retire it--I'm hoping around Christmas I'll get an AquaC Remora