Anemone ID

BOY

New Fish
Jan 10, 2004
Visit site
Hi all, I'm new here but have been maintaining tanks for years. My current tank (20 gal) has been going strong for almost 5 yrs and in that time I've had some interesting hitch hikers show up that no one locally can ID. These little buggers are pretty small and breed easily (although they've always stayed under control) and are quite pretty to look at. They are green stalked w/ purple/red tentacles and green tips. My clarki gets chummy with the larger ones but they never get much more than a 1/2 dollar in diameter (much to the clarki's dismay). Anyone know what I've got or where I can go to find out?

Thanks!

BOY

New Fish
Jan 10, 2004
Visit site
Already tried that route. Although they may fall into the generic rock/glass anemone category I've yet to find any literature or pics of what I have. A shame, really, as they are quite lovely.

A more fitting description would be the afore mentioned color scheme but the animal itself looks very much like a small condy in tentacle size/shape and in overall proportion.

BOY

New Fish
Jan 10, 2004
Visit site
Score! By far the best (and only) image I've been able to find that looks like what I've got. This image was from a german website and sure enough it is a manjano. Thanks Wayne, et al. No I can start to figure out what will and will not survive with it... pest species or not, I like these buggers.