anemone question

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
okay I just got a gbta and I placed it in the spot where I thought it would be good. The anemone promptly settled in BUT he sunk his foot deep into a rock and is facing the back of the tank. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get him out and turned around facing the front??????
The spot he is in makes it virtually impossible to feed him there......

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
good I will try that......I can't imagine it is getting much light where it is. I thought I would give it a couple of days to see where it would settle but I don't want it settling where it is if I can help it.......

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Update......a week later and the anemone is still lodged in the same piece of rock. I hope it is getting food from the current as I can't target feed it where it is at. I did try and place a small bit of mysis rolled in a ball into it's mouth by feel alone and no sooner did I get my arm out of the tank I see a peppermint shrimp running for cover with a big glob of mysis in it's paws. Robbing from the anemone......I will have to think of something....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
2nd update

Update.....a week later, bta has decided to move. I woke up this morning to find it on a high rock placed evenly between my frogspawn and toadstool. It is not touching the toadstool but the frogspawn will expand with light and they will touch. I imagine it will move again???? once it gets stung by the fs?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
damn, it moved during the night to a spot under a rock.........behind my lobo.......grrrr hoping it moves again tonight to a better spot. I hope it wasn't looking for a place to up and die on me.