Angel and Guppies?

Aug 2, 2006
Virginia
Are Angelfish and guppies okay as tank mates? I think I want 2 angels and like 5 guppies. I haven't bought any yet but since they are both good tropical begginer fish and like close to the same temp. range, I was wondering if this was a good idea or not. I own 2 twenty gallon tanks, but have always had a love for goldfish. And so both tanks are goldfish tanks.. Since goldfish can't be kept with much more than other goldfish, I decided just to get a new tank and try tropicals. So I have my new tank set up and cycled all I need is fish. LFS's aren't the best place for info. anymore so I thought I'd ask here. Also, what fish go good with rubber-lipped plecos? Saw them and I want one. What about gold nugget plecos?

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I think guppies and angels to do well together tho' beware, when the guppies have babies the angels will hunt and eat them. The adults are likely a touch too big.

I have a sticky on keeping gold nuggets at the top of the bottomfeeder section - they are not a good beginner fish, I would guess a pretty high percentage (well above 50%) simply starve to death.

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
I have an Angel that love to Eat guppies. When I was floating the bag to match temps the Angel was nipping at the bag trying to eat them. When we added the guppies I dont think that the cleared that bag and was eaten. IMHO Nope. not unless you get some bigger guppies. even them mine will still strike at them.

MAHA