angelfish not eating!

lil_shez

Medium Fish
Jul 3, 2005
Australia
one of my angelfish doesn't SEEM to be eating food or if it does it spits it back out.
Is it eating any maybe im just not seeing it ?

They are on a bloodworms and flake diet ... any other foods that mite tempt him to start eating ??

lil_shez

Medium Fish
Jul 3, 2005
Australia
nah thats the diet they have been on since i got them ...its just this one angelfish.
Maybe it is eating but at feeding time it comes to the top, looks at the food and swims away or it either eats it and spits it out.

LongTime

Large Fish
May 16, 2004
Florissant, MO
Visit site
It could be it has developed into a good forager. Like Balloonfish says, angels never stop looking for food. This one may be already full from from all the little tibits it finds in the tank and only strikes at feeding time because that is what it is supposed to do. After striking, it spits the food out because it is already full. I have a JD that does the same thing, but it keeps growing and stays active so it must be eating something! :)

Keep an eye on it to see how active it is and how it reacts with the other fish.

If you want to tempt it, I have never seen an angel in decent health turn down a baby guppy!

lil_shez

Medium Fish
Jul 3, 2005
Australia
i am feeding them frozen bloodworms.
And also wen i feed them i drop a bottom feeder tablet in so all the neons and the bottom fish stay down the bottom while i feed the angels at the top.

lil_shez

Medium Fish
Jul 3, 2005
Australia
nah adam i drop half a tablet for the neons and the bottom feeders so all the neons dont dome to the top and eat all the food because one of my problems earlier on was the neons were eating to much and getting very fat... this way i can just feed the angels without all the other fish eating it all or annoying them.

(i only drop half a tablet in when i feed them flakes) i dont do it wen they are fed bloodworms

Last edited: