Angels & Dwarf Frogs?

Sep 13, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Hey all,

I am thinking about getting a couple of frogs for my 29 hex. I have four small angels in there now. I am new to angel fish, so I don't know much about them. My plan is to get a couple of cory and then maybe a couple of frogs. Any thoughts on it?

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
The frogs are very slow to eat... I think they might be outcompeted for food. They also have to come up to the surface pretty regularly for air, and I'm not sure how tall the hex is but it might be a bit of a swim for them. You'd have to handfeed them, in order to make sure they're getting enough. This might be difficult as angels tend to like frog food...

Sep 13, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Ok, Thanks. I was wondering about the height of the tank. We use to have a smaller hex that we kept a couple of the frogs in, but this one is much bigger. I'll have to think of something else fun to add. Thanks for the input.

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Don't forget to consider the fact that the 29 gal. hex will be too small for the angelfish as they get bigger. Keeping one in there through adulthood should work, and a spawning pair might be okay as well, but anything more than that is pushing it. Looks like you've got some extra tank space though based on what I see listed in your sig., so no need to panic, lol. ;)

BV