Another Angel Question

kll1221

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2005
Michigan
I noticed tonight there is an open sore like on one of my Angels nose. He is acting weird just hanging out by the heater with his nose up in the air. Is there any hope of survival for him? Anything I can do?

Thanks

oh looks like something bite him and took a chunk out of him.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
What other fish are in the tank with him, that could have bitten him? He might just be hiding back there, or he might be sick from something. If you can get some Melafix or Pimafix, that might help his nose heal if it's from a bite.

kll1221

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2005
Michigan
thank you for your reply. It looks like a bite but probably isn't I just have some small tetras in there as well and cory's

I have put Melafix in the tank. Do they (angels) get hole in the head? Not sure if it is that or how he would have gotten it if it is.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I don't think they are susceptable to it... I't susually reserved for discus and some of the larger cichlids. Then again, I think they're fairly closely related to discus so it wouldn't really surprise me. I believe it isn't something that would develop that quickly, or on a lip though. Not really sure. From what I remember, it comes from either poor water quality or poor diet, or more likely a combination of these.

Is there anything sharp in the tank that he might have banged it on?