another idea...

Sukielee3

Small Fish
Jul 28, 2006
okay, so i HAD two graumis (i know that isnt how you spell them) but one died today while i was in class. I did see that the temp was 84 which is higher than usual, but the levels all look fine. My sister who lives with me and bought the last batch of fish, had the idea to try a gold fish, i personally think goldfish are tacky and have no personality, but i have never had one so i am serioulsy considering it. after looking up some info it looks like they are more forgiving and can live 10-15 years, and could possibly have more personallity than i thought. I am going tomorow to petsmart (it is one of my days to clean out the cat condos for the humane society) and i am considering purchasing one. what i want is some more info on them and personal stories about them if you have them. i like smart fish who can interact w you (as much as a fish can i guess)
*this is the info i have: one fish per 10 gallons, can still use the heater but it has to be low, and eats goldfish food, thats it, please give more advise if you have it, i want as many entries as possible before i leave for class in the morning, i get out at 9:00 so i will check one more time before i head to take care of the cats. thanks for all your helo and i look forward to reading all the info!!!*GOLDFISH*

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
ahh imagine a 55gal tank with beautiful fancy goldies! one of my dream tanks (along with a 120gal oscar tank, 55gal african cichlids, 55gal american cichlids, 55gal tropical, ahh the possibilities!)

but i would hand over the guarmie(SP) and get the goldies

Sukielee3

Small Fish
Jul 28, 2006
thanks, i dont think the graumi (sp i know) is giong to last too much longer, my sister baught them for me as a suprise and all of the ones she baught started slowly dying about two hours after we added them, and i have had a tropical tank for four years and never had anything like that happen, so i think it is because of the store she got them from. about a year ago i gave my other sister my 30 gallon tank when i moved out and went to the 55, and stocked it w fish after cycling it for about a week w water from my tank, i got all the fish from the same place and the same thing happened to her tank, it wasnt the water my fish were still doing great. so i think it is the quality of the store, because all the three times i have bought fish from that store it has had the same results, so i am going back to the store i usually get my fish from and sticking with them. they have well decorated and very clean not crowded tanks and the store is full of tanks of fish that arent for sale, they are just because the store owner loves fish and wants to show them off. her other tanks are just as beautiful!! so i will keep my tropical tank going till the graumi is gone then i am going to get some goldfish. who knows the graumi might just live and have a 55 all to his self, you never know?:rolleyes: