another new coral lol

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
That is a beauty RBTA. What lighting do you have again? I hope it is enough just remember to feed it about 1/2 a silverside about once a week should do it.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
i have 296watts of PC lighting.. it came from a tank w/ 265watts of pc so mine should be fine.. im going to pick up some silversides soon for it.. i think it finally stopped moving.. i paid 40 for it and 20 for the "frag" of the pom pom

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
thanks for the comments guys.. how much flow do anemones like? i can't seem to find a happy medium for all my corals.. most of them don't like alot of flow and i either have to much on them or none.. like now my one set of xenia is just floating around kinda looks stupid.. but everything else seems fine but if i get flow to the xenia everything else seems to have way to much flow? maybe if i put another powerhead on the one side it will even it out.. didn't want to have to do that b/c it will take away from the clean look i was going for.. oh well

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
ahh i just checked my pc is only 260.. some reason i thought it was more.. anyways its a off brand name called CatfishLighting.. got it off ebay fairly cheap.. free shipping is what got me.. probably not the best but every coral ive put in there seems to thrive and spread very well

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
If the anemone isn't getting enough flow, it will move towards some. You generally don't have a say in where the anemone will sit. Some like lots of flow, some want stagnant water. It all depends on the individual anemone.

BTW, looks great. Nice xenia colony.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
yea i thought he was in a good spot b/c he stayed there all day yesterday but when i woke up it was moved! i really liked it in the middle of the tank like that too! oh well guess it knows what's best.. yea i can't beleive i only had to pay 20 for that colony! very nice guy!! anyways thanks for the comments on the tank!