ANOTHER ONE OF LIVE ROCK QUESTIONS??

Jul 3, 2004
Visit site
Hello, I havent asked any question for a while but my tank is still doing great. (over 2 1/2 months now) The one thing that went wrong was the heater broke or something and took my water to 93 and cooked my royal gramma. As soon as I got home from work and seen it that high I quickly turned it off and everything else was fine. (THANK GOD)

Ok here goes there is a very thick slug looking stuff (brownish) that is forming on the liverock that I have had in the tank for a while now and I have no Ideal what it is. It is just back in a hole on the rock. If anyone might know what it is let me know.

Also Im looking for some snails and crabs if anyone knows where I can pick some up cheap or if anyone needs to get rid of some hit me back. Because the lps wants way to much, although I did buy a few off of them.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
the brown stuff could be diatoms...is it kind of a brownish coating which looks almost soft?

snails/crabs are gonna run you a couple bucks each probably no matter where you get them...ordering online isn't a really good option because the shipping cost is prohibitive unless you are ordering some other stuff. i doubt you will find anyone getting rid of their snails/crabs unless they are taking down the tank completely

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Don't go to Petco for fish. One, the fish are crowded in tanks, two, the people arent knowledgable, and three they collect fish that should not be in the trade. Also over priced on inverts.

Turbo or Astrea snails along with some blue legged and red legged hermits with a brittle star or two would be a good clean up crew.