Another Tank On The Way!!

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Well my husband wanted a tank that he could do on his own cause he was really getting into the hobby. The Leopard Wrasse was bought for him so he is going to move him into his tank after its established. So that gives me room in my tank. I was thinking about doing a few Engineer Gobies and maybe a fish that will help out with some of the algae. Please give me some ideas. Thanks.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Well his tank is probably going to be a 65G its the only thing that we feel that we have room for. :p Im trying to keep most of my input to myself cause he got jealous of me having put together all of the other tanks (he helped a little with the SW but...) so he wanted his own tank. And I understand cause its an addicting hobby. *SUPERSMIL I might have some more details later.
I made a trip to the LFS today and I came home with a Longnose Butterfly and some Yellow Scolymia. I have been eyeing this coral for about a week now and its been doing well so I decided to get it. I wanted a yellow fish so thats what made me get the Longnose. I think he is really cute. Right now he is only about 2 inches. I moved some things around in the tank for him so that he will have a bunch of swimming room as he gets bigger. (yes I did it again) Pics coming soon!!
One Question: I think that my tank is full now but I want to know what you think.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
cynobacteria.....the red stuff on your sand. It's from too many nutrients or not enough water flow......I think :)

I like the butterfly!!!!!

Edit: I spelled it wrong - it's cyanobacteria.

Last edited:

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
correct you are...most likely too many nutrients...mostly likely from your heavily stocked tank. if not eliminated it can go out of control and will choke/smother your corals and kill them.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Thanks. I think it was cause the flow on my water current director was turned down. I didnt realize that it was which means it has been like that for a while (since the last time my husband was messing with it). I will keep an eye on things but I think that upping the current by more than double what it was might help things out a little. Thanks again.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Thanks Lorna!! LOL.
Well we went to the LFS today and came home with the tank, overflow equipment, vera tops, and sand!! The stand and canopy will be here Thursday and the rest of the stuff is going to be ordered online. Im excited even though its not my tank!! *BOUNCINGS :D *SUPERSMIL :D *BOUNCINGS

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well I actually went into the local marine store and came out without spending a dime ...... I don't think my husband could believe it. Though they did have the cutest small hippo tang that would go beautifully.....and a really nice fox coral.......I did promise not to add anything to the tank for a couple of months so I am really restraining myself

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Well this is the stocking plan: 1 Antennata Lionfish, 1 Leopard Wrasse, 1 Copperband, 1 Lawnmower Blenny, 1 Blue Spiney Lobster, and serveral Hermits and Snails. Corals are: Hammer and Montipora Cap
This is what I have so far!! I cant wait to see if he has learned what I taught him!! hehehehe

j/k LOL!! He has done a lot of research on his own I cant take all the credit!!