Answers needed.

UP UP AND GUPPY

Superstar Fish
Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
Well I wanna know that when I get my 20g, I was thinking of transfering my 3 Rosy Red Minnows and my 2 Ghost Shrimp to the 20g. I was thinking of adding a few more Ghost Shrimp. But Would I be Able to add White Cloud Mountain Minnows or Gold White Clouds? Or could I probally keep a goldfish in with them?

bighit22

Large Fish
Apr 22, 2006
New Mexico
White clouds would be fine with almost any other fish. They are very hardy, and withstand a large range of temps. A gold fish would be a fine tank mate, seeing as white cloud mountain's are very peaceful. Just a suggestion, try googling tank mate questions first, google is very informative.

bighit22

Large Fish
Apr 22, 2006
New Mexico
I think it sounds fine. In a 20 they should be alright. I wanna see pix when u get them. But yeah, as far as I know, you have a great setup, you get my go-ahead. (in case it matters)

UP UP AND GUPPY

Superstar Fish
Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
Well aren't all Goldfish cold water fish? Any way would the 2nd option be alright or if I remove the minnows in the first option would that be safe? I really want to get a really pretty goldfish, but White Clouds are so kool. I truly need help. Bighit22, were you suggesting the 2nd or the first option., Right now everyones opinions matter.

bighit22

Large Fish
Apr 22, 2006
New Mexico
white clouds can tolerate temps from 45 F to about 72 F. A goldfish would probably be ine with all the others, but option #2 sounds pretty cool too. If I had an option, I would go with #2 just for the simple reason that I dont think a goldfish would look that good in this 20 g tank. I could be wrong, but i would go with #2

UP UP AND GUPPY

Superstar Fish
Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
Jupfreak:

Are you talkin about the White Clouds, like bighit said they can tolerate low temps.

Bighit:

Yeah I think a goldfish would look a little ackward in this specific tank. I am like you option 2 is much better but instead of how I said,I was thinking of this:

3 White Cloud Mountain Minnow
3 Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnow
3 Rosy Red Minnow
2 Ghost Shrimp

I like this but I dont know if I can add 1 more of the White and Gold White Clouds. Do you think I will be able to? I think I might be in the clear on that.

Feb 18, 2006
WA state
UP UP AND GUPPY said:
3 White Cloud Mountain Minnow
3 Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnow
3 Rosy Red Minnow
2 Ghost Shrimp

I like this but I dont know if I can add 1 more of the White and Gold White Clouds. Do you think I will be able to? I think I might be in the clear on that.
I think you would be fine with this set-up. 3/3/3 of each minnow and adding a couple more "...cloud minnows". You could get more ghost shrimp too, if you wanted. Most 'calculations' I've seen don't count ghost shrimp in the 1 inch/gal bioload - since the ghost shrimp don't product much relative waste. The only limitation I've seen with ghost shrimp is that there shouldn't be more than 1 shrimp per gallon, but that's more related to the surface area of the tank (there shouldn't be so many shrimp that they don't have enough room on the tank floor).

Good luck, it sounds like you'll have an interesting tank. :)

UP UP AND GUPPY

Superstar Fish
Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
I cant really, my minnows died :( . I came home after school all were floating in the tank. It actually made me sick, because today in skl I had to read an essay that I wrote about how everyone and thing leaves or dies on me. And what do you knoe they all are dead. What do you guys suggets for the 20g? I am open for pretty much anything.