ANTS???

I dont have cichlids, but i can give advice, as long as you are super sure, that there wass no poison used at all to kill them at any point at all, or any chemical at all, and as long as you find them away from a polluted area, then i would think so, my gourami snacks on misquitos that just fall in, and i hope they are safe, im gonna have to block my tank cuz i ddont want my fish to get AIDS! ;-)

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
I drop in the lil bitty black ants in every now and then. I catch them live in my yard and we never use fertalizer or pesticides in my yard so I know they are safe. My zebra danios and neons love them.

Mar 1, 2006
chicago, il
jumpfreak26 said:
I dont have cichlids, but i can give advice, as long as you are super sure, that there wass no poison used at all to kill them at any point at all, or any chemical at all, and as long as you find them away from a polluted area, then i would think so, my gourami snacks on misquitos that just fall in, and i hope they are safe, im gonna have to block my tank cuz i ddont want my fish to get AIDS! ;-)

i dont think AIDS is anything to make fun about. Just so you know for next time, mosquitoes do not ingest enough blood with the HIV/AIDS virus to infect somebody, not even fish.*crazysmil

quasi214

Small Fish
Jul 25, 2005
Yes, I feed the big black ants that I find around the house. My blood parrot goes crazy for them. As long as you don't treat your house with insecticides, I guess it would be ok.

BS tetra owner: im sorry, i didnt think anything like that would offend anybody that much or at all.
I wasn't actually serious about a misquito transferring AIDs, it was just another way for me to express the thought i dont want any diseases getting into my fish. And if i were you, i am suggesting just blowing it off as getting frustrated will do nothing and just let anybody know if it offends you by asking them to stop, not scolding it comes off the wrong way. I tend to add a little humor in things, and i had no idea talking about aids offened people.