any advice on how to raise the calcuim in my tank

elie

New Fish
Dec 2, 2008
columbus
i have a 220 reaf tank with sps the corals are still small. i have a calcium reactor on the tank the ph in my tank is at 8.2 the ph in the reactor is 6.7 the drip line from the reactor is open all the way. my calcium is @ 390 my alk. is @ 10.2 my mag is at 1110 I know the mag is low i placed some mag media in my cal reactor. about 3 mounth ago and no change. i put a kalswger reagtor on thank still no change. I need help i am going to go crazzy. i have taken it to 3 different salt water stores in ohio and every body tells me that they cann't think of anything else to do so I am trying to think outside the box and reach out to you for help.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
You'll definitely need to raise your magnesium to be able to keep calcium high. Usually, once you've added magnesium, it takes a while to deplete. I'd suggest a liquid magnesium supplement to get your magnesium up to around 1200.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
try this site it may help

Reef Chemistry Calculator

Also, raising the magnesium is a long process and takes a lot to raise it......epsom salts is one way as is magnesium sulfate.....both may alter your sg and send your ca etc out of whack. I would raise it slowly no more than 100 per day and over a period of time.....and balance out your ca and alk and hopefully it should keep it there.....