Any good fish stores in Stockton?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well, i know there is a good store in hayward...but thats 40min from stockton. if you do find a good place in stockton let me know as i have family out there so i could do a double visit some weekend

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
Thanks Camaro. I was expecting a reply from you because I know your in that area.
I did manage to find an awesome store in Stockton called Twins Aquarium Tropical Fish. It is run by a Chinese couple who really seem to know thier stuff. They have been there for 20 years and their prices are the best that I have found. Other stores in Stockton said that Twins are able to offer those prices because they have a hook up with their family back in China.
I purchased a 7 or 8 inch long spinned black urchin for $9. He's nice and full and in great shape. PetExtreme charge $10 for little 2 or 3 inch ones.
Other prices were:
Mushrooms $20 - $25 a piece (all looked good)
French Angel Juvenile $55 (looked to be in striking condition)
Seahorse $10 (none in stock - illegal for him to import)
Huge Hermit crab $7
Fiji live rock $4.50 per/lb
They had quite a large selection although they did appear to keep some of the fish which were kept at ground level in water too shallow. I didn't see any ich.
I'd really recommend you swing by if your in the area. You won't regret it.

The address on their business card is:
Corner of West Lane & Hammer Lane in the Normandy Village Center nest to Kids Zone - Stockton, CA
(209) 472 - 0669
It's a 90 mile round trip for me, but I'll certainly be going back again!! *thumbsups