Any ideas on where to put fish?

hazee

Medium Fish
Jun 29, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have a 20g tank that's been running for 6mos or more and i'd like to have a puffer tank. The problem is i don't know where to put the one female betta, one penguin tetra and 2 dwarf frogs i have in there right now.

I'm thinking of putting the tetra with my neons and cardinals although i don't wanna stress the poor little guy out going from one fish buddy to like more than 20 in my 55g. Whatcha think? I'll feel really bad if he dies after being the only survivor of all the penguins.

The dwarfs i was thinking of putting in the paludarium i'm setting up but that will be awhile. Seems unfair to throw them in the little 5.5g tank i have. Do you think they care? The tank they are in now is so nice with all the plants and wood.

The betta i have no idea. Do they get along with gouramis and loaches? She was in the 10g before the tank went bad with nitrite. It's nice with plants and wood etc but smaller than she's used to of course. Ideas?

lordroad

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Shelby, NC
www.joshday.com
The tetras should go in fine with the neons and cardinals... personally, I'd also try the female betta there too. I've kept them with small tetras before with no problems.

I'd watch out for the gouramis. In my experience, even the dwarf kind, have been mean little bastards. But it's a worth a try. Keep an eye on her for an hour, see if she's getting harassed or she's pestering the gouramis.

I'd put the dwarf frogs in the 5 gallon, personally.

May 9, 2005
West Haven, CT
DwARF'S IN 5, that is plety of space for 2. Just put in the cool junk with them...wood, plants, I can't remember if you mentioned stuff. They need about a gallon a piece. then you put the betta in there with them. that would be perfect. Then you only have to deal with one different tank.

I don't think they care too much if they are going from 10 to five. It is going from 10 to a 1 gallon or a dixie cup that they would notice and be stressed over.