Any One Tried----AquaPharm Pro Series Cure Ich™

Jun 7, 2008
india
I am planning to use this medicine for ich cure
my question is this to help out decide if this medicine is really effective or not
and can i use in my display tank
if this is really safe AS it says on the bottle
then it will really help me out as i dont have to tranfer my fishes to QT tank for cure separetly
give your reviews and experiences only please!!!!

AquaPharm Laboratories

Attachments

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
NO medicine is going to cure ur ich..With all the money your wasting on this crap you coulda had a QT tank set up and the fish in it allready! Just do hypo like EVERYONE has told you to do..

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Wow Jim, give the guy/gal a break. While it is a true that a quarantine tank is the best option, being so abrasive isn't likely to inspire sunnymittu to listen to your advice.

If you search this page for aquapharm you should find a useful little review:

MedFAQs3

It basically sounds like these meds are not effective nor reef safe. There are, however, meds which will cure marine ich - they just need to be used in a quarantine tank.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Sorry camaro its just that this person ask's for help and does what ever he/she wants to do.. And are pretty careless IMO about this hobby.. Just look at all their posts.. Why ask if your going to do whatever you want?

Jun 29, 2008
PA
WOW JIm you were able to put my eye roll into words.

While it may have appeared that Jim's comments were harsh, the original poster's previous posts and actions show hardly any rhmye or reason.

We try and promote a healthy environment for the fish/corals/etc and posters but we feel disrespected when our comments are completely ignored and more fish are added to a lethal situation!

Jun 29, 2008
PA
As many others have repeatedly advised, use the hyposalinity method.

Many (if not all) of us have encountered ich and the medications that we have tried do not work.

Therefore we advise to use the hyposalinity method and not risk losing more fish, coral, etc.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ich is present in all our tanks! (i feel that way anyways :p ) keep stable params and keep yur fish fat and happy and u should be good.... IME anyways but than again i know people who have lost thousands of dollars worth of fish! as long as yur fish are healthy theyll kinda build up an imunity.... over stocking a tank or swings in temps are a good ways to stress yur fish ;)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
btw IMO that medication is a waste of time/money! if yur guna treat...quarentin, hypo, copper, leave the tank with no fish for 6 weeks, all that good stuff

Jun 7, 2008
india
I Am Using Two Medicines For Ich In My Display Tank
Hypo Is Not On The Recent Coming List
I Chosed The Fishes To Stay In Display Tank After Puting Them In A Horror Rome Filled With Blue Gas
Now They Are Preety Happy As Few My Mini Domino Damshel Was Having A Lot Of White Spots
Now After Putting Medicine Some Are Gone
All The Fishes Are Eating Good

Jun 7, 2008
india
Medication Showing Positive Efects
70% White Spots Are Gone From Fishes
Fishes Are Showing Progress
No Ill Effects On Anemones So Far Or Biological Filter
As I Dont Have Anything Beneficial In My Tank
Thats Why I Chosed To Use The Medication In My Display Tank

Dec 28, 2008
Okayama, Japan
The disappearance of white spots does not necessarily mean that your fish is cured. It merely means that the ich parasite as dropped off its eggs in your gravel. The eggs will hatch and come back. There is no simple cure for ich. Quarantine the fish and drop the specific gravity down to 1.008 for four weeks (1.010 is lethal to the parasite, but this is to allow for evaporation). In the meantime, allow your display tank to go fallow (no fish) for 4 weeks to allow the ich parasites to run a full life cycle and starve to death. Then you will have a clean display tank. Slowly raise specific gravity of you quarantine tank so as not to stress out your fish and transfer them back. If you add any fish, quarantine them to prevent introducing ich back into your system. There are no quick fixes in saltwater aquaria.
Cheers,
James

Jan 23, 2009
just decided to try yet a couple of days ago, still nothing happend i hope it does the trickas im borred of buying fish and finding them dieing by the tenth day.
u should tell me did it work?