Any other suggestions?

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
One of my balah sharks got stuck today in one of my ornaments. Luckily, I was able to get him out a live by taking him and the ornament to the LFS. Now he is in a seperate tank being treated with Melafix for his loss of scales. Is there anything else I do for him to help him recover?

Oct 24, 2005
Keep the temporary tank very clean with frequent water changes. The cleaner the water the less chance for infection and better chance for a speedy recovery.

I've got a pleco in our 55 that keeps going in this little cave ornament, one of these time's I'm gonna have to help him out too.

Good Luck

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
Thanks guys for your help. Unfontunately the ballah didn't make it past the first night, too much stress. Now I've just got to figure out something to cover the end of the ship so this doesn't happen again.

Nov 3, 2005
'serendipity' tank
nobody said:
Thanks guys for your help. Unfontunately the ballah didn't make it past the first night, too much stress. Now I've just got to figure out something to cover the end of the ship so this doesn't happen again.
hey dude...sorry to hear about your 'lost' fish...
you'll have to fix that ornament for sure...

i see by your sig. that you have around 27 fish in your 40...
i'm really glad to see that...as i'm heading for something similar...

how's it all working out...are the fish all happy...
oh yes...are you 40[imp] or 40 usa... :)
[edit...you'll be 40 usa...that makes mine a 48...innertesting...:)]

Last edited:

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
cybersymes said:
i see by your sig. that you have around 27 fish in your 40...
i'm really glad to see that...as i'm heading for something similar...

how's it all working out...are the fish all happy...
oh yes...are you 40[imp] or 40 usa... :)
[edit...you'll be 40 usa...that makes mine a 48...innertesting...:)]
So far there are no problems with the fish, other than getting so curious that they get stuck in onraments. All the fish get along well and seem happy. The tank is still settling some so I take care of the problems that come up, after all I've only had it a year, but it's doing well so far.

My tank is 40 usa (assuming that means in the USA, I'm new to these terms). I love my tank, but I don't plan on getting any more fish. That would make my tank to crowded. Besides more of my females might have babies so I got to have room for them. If I don't maybe my dad will want some. Good luck with your tank. Let me know how it goes.