Any way to move a feather duster?

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
I got a Duster, and its like spanning 2 of my rocks, is there anyway to move it to another rock, or just one without hurting it? I'm trying to move my rock around but the 2 pieces together with the duster is stopping me. :confused:

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
it's hard but possible. I only had one at first..and it was so thin. It was naturally glued to the rock. I let it grew for a month or so, and then the duster was thicker, longer, so its radiole was 2 inches detached from the rock.
I carefully pulled a little, far away from the fan, so i wouldn't kill the worm.
If it splits in 2, well sometimes it isn't a big deal..it will grow back. The reproduction is by splitting. Anyways..so i pulled and everytime, i tried to reach its rear end. Finally i did it..only a little bit stayed on the rock...and it was unused parchment tube. I put it in the right corner of my tank, where my fishes where hanging..so it's was their feeding zone. My duster ate some of the uneated food..and grew...and grew. Now i have hundreds. With only one.

( what a beautiful story,hey? ;) )

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Hehe, well this is basically what i'm looking at: Sorry for the crappy drawing. :)

The duster is growing up one rock into a hole of another, certain death right because they sorta filter feed? So i was just exploring the possibilities of moving it. Another option is i could turn the rock to the ugly side and see what happens. But i just wanted to see if it was possible to move them. Not a huge deal if i lose it because i can get others, it came on the LR, but it'd be cool to keep.

Did yours grow in your substrate?

Thanks for the replies. *PEACE!*

Last edited:

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
it'll grow on everything. Yeah i have some on the substrate. The dusters hood is not on a shiny spot. They don't look for much light. They seem to prefer weird places..i have some placed like in your drawing and they are fine. I have a piece of LR where there's one that is hidden inside the rock, with only the radiole exposed. It grows inside the super porous rock, then new "babies" come out from the rear of the rock. So cool..and they are protected that way. It's like a duster factory.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Lol, cool then maybe i'll leave it for the time being. :)

While looking up under there i noticed some sort of muscle or clam type thing right in front of the duster. Weird, its all white so i guess its just a generic clam. Can't get a good pic....white clam thing on white part of the rock is not camera/flash friendly.