Anyone owns a 26g/30g/40g SeaClear System II ?

Luvi

Medium Fish
Feb 23, 2005
San Francisco, California
1.I knew the tank height is 16 inches, but including the light hood what absolute height would it be (I need exact height if you don't mind measuring it, like 18.25" 18.3" etc..)?

2.Are they quiet?

3.Can I use sand as a substrate for this tank? (because of the way they filter the water as I don't want to damage the filter)

4.Where can I get it cheap in the Bay Area? or online?

5.Any other bad/good comments about this tank are all welcome.

Thanks x100000000000000000000

i dont have the wetdry filter thing cause my sea clear is an old one but the hood is 2.5" assuming they didnt change much since my parents bought the tank a few years back. The only bad thing is they is the top brace of the tank, its pretty annoying and you can't stick anything big in there like drift wood and it scratches easily, other then that its a great tank. oh and this is on a 40g seaclear system but not II but i think the only difference is the filter.

Luvi

Medium Fish
Feb 23, 2005
San Francisco, California
Thanks Balloon Fish. What substrate did you use in that tank? About the top brace, do you mean you have to completely take off the whole lid in order to put anything big inside the tank?

I am in the process of transfering from a 12g to either a 30g or 40g tank, would appreciate any input about the SeaClear System II. Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!