API Freshwater Liquid Test Kit

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
I was just to Petsmart here and they had the 'API liquid test kits on sale for $24.94. That is a pretty descent price for buying it locally and not having to consider shipping. They also had a lot of fish on sale, but I really don't know if that is country wide or just locally. They had some beautiful angels for $4.06 about 50 cent size, but I was a little worried about pairing it up with the one I have so I did succumb.

MdngtRain

Large Fish
Jan 9, 2011
New England
our petsmart has them on sale also... I think the big box pet stores are all trying to compete this month... Petco will have a 50% off aquarium livestock sale late next month (for 2 or 3 days) as well as 25%+ off of supplies. Their fish might be cheaper this month though, at least their community fish.

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
That is a good store price for a master test kit. I wish I could have browsed the fish section at my Petsmart the other day, but two store employees were adding more livestock and were totally hogging up what little space remained by the tanks.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
how long do one of these last?
I am still using mine from maybe 4 years ago? idk how accurate the results are but they still make sense to this day. I am almost out of my nitrate test though.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Mine have some sort of LOT number. for example 26A0609 what does that mean? is that the same format as yours?
did mine expire in 2009?

EDIT: apparently not. checked my GH test and that's the only one that has the exp date. it has no connection with the LOT number.

So basically my API test kit has no expiration date, sweet! lol

Last edited:

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Yeah mine all have exp. dates up high on the bottles too. I mail-ordered this master test kit in Jan 2013 and all the bottles are labeled with an Exp. Date of 9/2017 or 10/2017. I'm guessing they figure they're good for 5yrs.