Aqua Remora Questions

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Okay I am new to this..... hooked up the above protein skimmer and have some questions.

the collection cup has foam bubbling out of the top and I believe this is what it is supposed to do....but should the cup also be half full of water? I turned it off as I didn't want to leave and come back to find that it had overflowed everywhere.

the clear cup has an o-ring around it to adjust the height that it sits in the skimmer, this is set about 1/2 inch from the top. Is this right? I wonder if I have it set up properly and the instrux book has no pictures and I can't find a pic of it working so I know what it is supposed to look like......

the pre-skimmer box has no attachment to but sort of floats attached to the pump inside the box by some screws....Does the height of this need to be constantly adjusted as water evaporates ?

Thanks......

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
the collection cup has foam bubbling out of the top and I believe this is what it is supposed to do....but should the cup also be half full of water? I turned it off as I didn't want to leave and come back to find that it had overflowed everywhere.<<it's running too wet. Either turn down the water flow rate (most likely)or up the air (less likely) or raise the cup>>

the clear cup has an o-ring around it to adjust the height that it sits in the skimmer, this is set about 1/2 inch from the top. Is this right? I wonder if I have it set up properly and the instrux book has no pictures and I can't find a pic of it working so I know what it is supposed to look like......<<Does it look like this can cotrol the height of the cup (see above)>>

the pre-skimmer box has no attachment to but sort of floats attached to the pump inside the box by some screws....Does the height of this need to be constantly adjusted as water evaporates ? <<Yes. Too low and ineffective, too high and it will run 'dry' and pull in lots of air>>

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
the pre skimmer box is tricky, and makes a god awful noise when it runs low, though it is a good reminder on when to top off, and makes iit a routine thing, your skimmer is still in the break in period, thats why it is over skimming, raise the cup to the point where there isnt water flowing in, using the black O-ring, and then slowly adjust it down until you reach teh desired skimmate production