Aquaclear 110 (500) issue

dogdoc

Large Fish
Sep 6, 2005
Just finished setting up the filters on my 75 gal. tank. Noticed something odd. The filter basket on the AC110 does not want to stay in the bottom of the chamber. The water flow through it keeps pushing the basket up. I have the foam block, carbon, and biomax in there right now.

Did I read somewhere (can't find it now) that the carbon insert causes this? I know that I don't need the carbon, I just set it up that way out of the box to see how it worked.

Any suggestions on getting the basket to stay put?

Charlius

Medium Fish
Sep 18, 2005
You may have read that from one of my posts. For some reason, my carbon was floating up no matter what so I just threw the thing out and my water is still clear. The carbon never did that before, and always stayed like it was supposed to, so it's not the carbon's fault.

On top of the air bubble suggestions, it may also be that the filter media and/or the filter parts (intake tube, impellor, impellor housing, filter housing, media basket) may be too dirty. If it gets too dirty, the whole thing may come out making a whole big mess on your floor. So try cleaning the media inserts, and the filter itself and all its parts. This SHOULD fix the problem..hopefully.

Hope it works, AquaClears are cool!!