Aquaclear powerheads lubricant - tank may overheat

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Hey guys i'm having trouble to lower the temp. I think i may have some overheat due to my 6 powerheads (skimmer included). I don't heat during the night, and temp cannot going under 78 degrees. Tried to open them and see if there's stuff in it..nope. Maybe they need lube. Maybe i'm wrong. If i'm right, dya know a good lube or something that can help reduce friction ??

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
no, most likely they dont need lube, running 6 powerheads at the same time will produce alot of extra heat, I would look into a chiller, or less powerheads, cause in the summer this might be a problem for you, unless you have an airconditioner, you might be ok then.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
yeah it contribute during the day. But during the night, the alley where it's placed, is sometimes between 66-70 and tank, not heated, cannot go below 78. I just noticed i have an ac 402 that is running at approx at 40 %..maybe a dying one. Checked, nothing looks wrong. Yeah i have 9500 btu air conditionner so i guess summer will be ok. But i don't wanna start in 2 weeks.