Aquacon

Mar 24, 2006
Kansas
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone else on this board has ordered from aquacon.com before and what experience they have had.

I sent them an order on the 29th of April, didn't hear anything from them for 2 weeks. Finally called them last week and they told me they were shipping my order on Thursday, and to expect it Friday. So Friday rolls around, no order shows. I called them up and got the tracking number, they sent it to the wrong address(wrong side of the state infact). So Saturday morning I drove an hour and a half to the nearest FedEx dock, picked up my box and most of it was dead.

Now I've got a fight on my hands it looks like. Just wondered if anyone has been down this road before.

Mat

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
wow, that is a bad story...sorry i can't help more than to sympathize, i have never even heard of aquacon

in looking at their website they have a 30 day guarantee so it shouldn't be too much of a fight...not to mention it is totally their fault anyway

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Such are he joys of online shopping. Phone them and hassle, if they have ebay threaten to slag them on that, mention the word lawyer. Or just get your credit card compny to do it by withdrawing payment

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
I'd only order livestock online from a reputable source. For instance, liveaquaria.com has great customer service--I've heard stories where they'll go out of their way to make you happy and they have a decent guarantee.

Dec 21, 2005
st. louis area
Sorry it must be so irritating waiting for your shipment. I agree with Wayne, definitley fight this. It looks like they refund the money within 7 days just make them stand by their guarantee.
I've used liveaquaria and they are top-notch on customer service. I also like marinedepotlive.com.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I find price to be almost the last thing I look at buying fish. Quality is everything - a cheap dead fish is not good value for money.

You might also bear in mind it is not a trivial act to bring a live fish or whatever form the south pacific to your door - I have no idea why you should think it should be cheap. Also, the cheaper you beat the price down, so the price, value of fish at source is reduced, devaluing the reef, endangering it and all in all indulging in first class biopiracy.