aquapod 12G?

dbleoh7

Large Fish
Sep 21, 2006
i am looking to get into the saltwater scene and have done some research. i am thinking about ordering an aquapod 12G since i love the look of the seemless edges. does anyone have one of these? if so, is it worth the extra money? also, i know i don't need a skimmer if i do regular water changes, but how much will a skimmer improve water clarity? i see the aquapod can have a built in skimmer coming with it, but it looks like a "fake" skimmer?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i personally dont think its worth the extra $$$ IMO .... remeber you still need to buy live rock,sand,salt,tests,fish,cleanupcrew,possibly more light,corals and the list never ends...personally i just picked up a $10 10g tank and got the wood stand for another $50 ....btw that skimmer most likely wont do much at all

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
I think the aquapods are great tanks, with the stock lighting you could do zoas, rics, and shrooms. I also like the back chambers because you can put live rock and some type of macro algae in the back if you can find a small light and dont ming a little diy. I also like the sleek look of the tank. IMO if you have the money to spend on it, go ahead and get it. You wont need a skimmer for a 12 gallon, waste of money.

dbleoh7

Large Fish
Sep 21, 2006
the biggest reason im leaning towards an aquapod is the cube shape; i'm looking to put it in place of my 5G freshwater tank on my desk, and it's the only tank i've found with dimensions of a square-ish. it's footprint is just a few inches larger on each side, so it will still leave me with working room on my desk. I would convert my 5G into saltwater, but the options that i would have with it are very limited fish wise. i know i want to get a pair of clowns and possibly a shrimp-goby pair and i don't think the 5 gallon will be large enough to hold them.