Aquarium Sys Seaclone Protein Skimmer 150 Gallon

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
is a Aquarium Sys Seaclone Protein Skimmer 150 Gallon too much of an overkill for a 10g tank? well going to use it for a 46g tank later.

but i can use it for a 10g right?

joeyjoeq

Large Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Chicago
CoolWaters said:
is a Aquarium Sys Seaclone Protein Skimmer 150 Gallon too much of an overkill for a 10g tank? well going to use it for a 46g tank later.

but i can use it for a 10g right?
Why dont you get something like a Bak Pak 2 or a Remora Nano? They both will work later for your other tank.

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
These things have form for simply not working. They are very fussy, and need constant, skilled tuning, plus they have form for shabby build quality meaning mucho leaks. I don't know why you're either considering buying one, they have terrible reviews and scare stories splattered all over the internet.

Even a prism would be better. FWIW accept the pain and buy a remora - 90% work very well, easy to tune, great follow up and rep. Te skimmer is an important piece of kit so buying abject junk is a false economy.

CoolWaters said:
i saw one on cleance....for like $70
Doesnt it make you wonder why it is on clearance? Bought one last year, biggest piece of garbage ever. I took it back, got my $$$ back and went to the better LFS store and bought a bakpak 2.... Works and skims like a dream.
Sure I paid alot more for it, but, it is a hell of alot better skimmer then SeaClone....Worthless.. IMO!!!:D