aquavase moon glow aquarium

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
Does anyone know anything about the aquavase moon glow aquarium? I have done a search on it but didn't pull up too much. I would like to put it in my daughters room. What kinds of fish can I put in it? Should I use live plants or plastic? Can I have a shrimp?

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
They are at wal-mart. Apparently their reaaly good for like a children's nightlight or something like that. They are supposed to have " glow effect" I just typed the name into the search bar and it brought them up. I think they are for bettas and such, I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with them or knew someone who did. I would like to know the extent of the fish I could have in it. The info I have seen doesn't even refer to the fish.

TheMainer

Large Fish
Sep 3, 2005
I haven't been able to find any other place that has it other than Wal-Mart. I did find something like it through yahoo though. Either way, it does not look to be more than a couple gallons. Most here would say that really isn't big enough for any fish, but there are some that would still put fish in it, such as a Betta. It's really up to you. If you want to get a tank for your daughters room, I would suggest something that is at least 5 gallons so you are able to have a decent environment set up for your fish.

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
You can get a 5 gallon kit w/ filter, light and hood at walmart for about $30 that would be perfect for a kids room. I have my betta and a snail in a 5 gal hex sitting on my desk at work with real plants in it and it's great. :D

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
just a thought... could you install an actinic light into the hood of a 5g if they were looking to have a "nightlight" effect? *SLEEPING* if it was bright enough in the room during the day, that might be a possibility.....????:confused:

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
Sorry got caught up on the other thread to those of you who don't know which one I am talking about it is the 20g new to hobby need need ideas or something like that. BTW who altered and summarized that? Not that I mind actually when I first saw it I thought it was someone else with the exact same thing as me and I got really excited! Anyway, I chose the 20g freshwater tank. I am basing everything around a Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster!!! I just think this guy (or girl!) is just too cool! Anyway, if you want to post back on this one or check out the other thread I would love the input. Also, you can see some of the ideas from others. Thanks alot for the interest.

Toam

Large Fish
Jul 27, 2005
Grove, Oklahoma
Just to add to the aquavase moon glow, it's basically just a small hooded aquarium, with almost everything inside it being glow in the dark. so that when the light goes off, it's charged for the night.