Are any of these compatible

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
with any of the tanks in my sig if so which and how many?

Mollys
Danios
Cana/mystery snails
Pleco ,Clown/mystery/common
Blue german ram
Blue Gourami
Cory cats
Sword tail
more guppies....

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
oops just realised u said any tank ok well,
yes, mostly everthing you got down is compatible in your 30 except the gourami will proabaly not get on with the betta, so I wouldn't put a gourami in. No common pleco, they get REALLY big, but i dont see why you can't have another sort of pleco (just make sure you reasearch before you buy). I think some cory cats would do well in your 5g with your betta but some species get big, albino and pandas stay fairly small.
German blue rams require good water quality, so if your willing to do frequent w/c then you'll be ok.

Mollies, swordtails, guppies, danios should be fine with your current stocking. But i don't mean all of these fish, just pick your favs and go from there :)

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
would these be too many in my 30 gal ?
1 more betta divided w/ java moss wall
3-4 Mollies
2 danios
1 plecos if i can find one that will stay small
2 cana snails/or gold mystery snails.
and would this be ok for my 5 gal or ten gal without the other fish that are already in them.
3 corys
1 german blue ram

>.> i plan to look up the fish i don't know much about tonight.

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
the stocking for the 30 sounds good, but im not sure about the 5g, i have heard that corys and rams dont go well together.

btw, thats a baby german blue ram in my avatar ( i got them yesterday, aint they cute? :D)

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
would a blue german ram be ok with snails? and is 5 gallons big enough or would a ten gal be better?
Also if i got corys for my 30 gal and a pleco would they be ok together?

Also sorry for all the questions . ^^'

Nov 14, 2006
Fishers, IN
www.myspace.com
A GBR cannot go in a 5G aquarium. There isn't a enough room in there, especially with the other fish in there! i would highly suggest using the 10G if you want a GBR. You can leave out the cories and try and get them to mate OR put the cories in the 5G but IMO even pygmy and panda cories should have more than 5G's.

tessalion

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
PA
ime cories and plecos get along fine, as long as theres enough room for the pleco to have its own territory. As for plecos that stay small there's a variety of Bristlenose and rubbernose plecos that stay around 5-6 in if my memory serves. Clown plecos also stay relatively small.

How much of the tank are you dividing off for the betta(s)? Do you have pics?

You can put a pair of GBRs in a 10 gal or you could put one GBR with a few other small, none bottom dwelling fish, like 4 neons maybe. Also, i belive they should be fine with snails or an adf.

Also for your 30, feel free to add some danios, they are much more entertaining when theres a big group of them.

Last edited:

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
well last time i seen at the lps they only had about 3 danios left,and my beta has about 3-5 gallon of swimming space and yet some how the guppies keep getting in with him even though he does'nt mind em,also the lps has no neons ,i'd also probly put the corys in the divided half with the betta,and the pelco run free through the rest of the tank.

TX8balls

Small Fish
Dec 26, 2006
TX baby
i have 2 bettas (1male 1female) in my 20 tall with 2 dwarf 2 blue and 2 paradise gouramis and theyre all co-existing great it really just depends on your betta because they all have personality i have a very passive male betta and a really really aggresive male so.... i would try it if your male was like mine oh and another thing is what your gouramis are like everyone says that theirs are aggresive towards eachother but mine seem to be passive... they just want food really

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
I think my female betta who runs the tank is slightly agressive she's attacked my other male betta once when my dad dumped him in with her and she has harrassed my male platy when he does'nt get the cue to leave her alone but as soon as he backs off she does too_Other then that she's a pretty gentle fish to my guppys even the fancey males.
The gouramis at the lps seem scared and how many are cramped together in one little ten gallon is sad,i was think of getting this little gourami i seen their he's always in front of the tank looking out at people who walk by ,he's about 1 inch long.

Just thought i'd give descriptions of my fish and the gouramis i seen at the lps.