Are Betas hardy...

Tomas

Medium Fish
Jan 1, 2006
I am planning to do a fish cycle( it wont be all bad, i will get a established tank filter and some gravel) and I am wondering if betas are hardy, if not,what are some other good looking fish that can make it through the cycle.

~Chaz

Tomas

Medium Fish
Jan 1, 2006
Are Danios good looking tough? I want to keep the fish for a long time and is there a certain species of Danios that I should get

~Chaz

tessalion

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
PA
ive always heard/assumed that they were hardy...i mean after all they're generally sold to people who will keep them in unfiltered unheated environments...

I second what everyone has said about danios. I'm also doing a fish in cycle and so far my danios are doing great. plus they're so entertaining! They're always chasing each other or playing near the filter or what not. And they brighten up once you get them out of the crowded pet store taks.

Tomas

Medium Fish
Jan 1, 2006
JWright said:
If you're heavily seeding, a fishless cycle would just take a few days. Why not go for it and save your fish the stress?
Because I can't afford all the test strips/amonia/etc... I only have a few bucks. Which is the best species for Danios

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Tomas said:
Because I can't afford all the test strips/amonia/etc... I only have a few bucks. Which is the best species for Danios

Get the regular Danios and do not over load. How Big is your tank. Just start with 4 Max. You stated that you have gravel and filter from an established tank. Are they in use or kept aside. If they are in the established tank then it is ok. it would help a lot. otherwise if they are just lying around then I dont think they would help much.