Are my fish sick?

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
Hey everyone!.. As you guys know one of my mollies had fry over the weekend. Well she seems to be depressed if you will. She doesnt eat and she stays either at the top in one corner or at the bottom in the same corner. She doesnt swim or play with the other mollies and she tends to stay by the heater. Do fish go through post partum depression or what?

Also in the fry tank I have a mystery snail and it seems to be coming out of its shell. Is there something wrong with it too? Im hoping both are fine but a bit worried..

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Sometimes livebearers just don't make it after giving birth. :( I've had this happen every time unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. :( Just make sure the tank has as little stress as possible i.e. no lights going on and off, constant temperature, no tapping, rearranging the tank, and so on. Put food right by her too.

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
Unfortunately she died. I was looking in on her and she was fine. She kept coming up to the glass looking at me so I thought nothing of it. About an hour later I went back in my daughters room and she was laying at the bottom not moving. At least she was out of her misery.. So me and my daughter flushed her and said goodbye nad five minutes later my daughter runs up to me all excited. "mommy can we get another fish?" Talk about a child in morning lol..