Are my snails going to lay eggs?

Apr 13, 2011
Hello, here today to ask some questions. Tonight i walk into my room to find that 2 of my ramshorn snails were in a corner together. Know I don't know if they were mating or just sleeping close together thats why i am here. I would like to breed the snails for some experience in breeding. I could always keep them at a stable amount, I wish i took a photo to show you guys but sadly i didnt :(

So if someone can give me some information about this and i will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for you time and hope to be hearing from you guys soon!

Apr 13, 2011
haha, thanks for the feed back. Yeah i probably will but i know the perfect way to get rid of them if they become a pest :) put a piece of lettuce under boiled water then put it in the tank leave it for a night then they will all be on the leaf :D im evil haha

Apr 13, 2011
ok well more and more eggs are comming ... so i am thinking of removing them before they turn into a pest. But i'v got a Siamese fighting fish and i read in a article that they eat the eggs is this true?

Apr 13, 2011
alrighty, well im thinking of destroying some of the eggs because this one ramshorn snail has layed 4 lots of eggs today. Do you think i should defianatly get rid of 3 of the egg patches or should i keep them??

Apr 13, 2011
i did a 50% clean of my tank, got the plant out and destroyed the eggs. I noticed that one of the snails died. Does that mean it will be harder for the other snail to have more eggs?

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
I think Ramshorn need 2 partners to mate. I had a Ramshorn, but a accidentally squished him with my Terra Cotta pot. oops!! Now I have a Pond Snail infestation (never had a pond snail to begin with, even Walmart has them and don't know where they came from. Strange.) and I never saw any eggs!! I clean the gravel and killed the snails (and the benificial bacteria...crap) and I also let my tank recycle for 2 days before tranferring the fish back. My male Platy was annoying me because his females were hiding in the Java Moss (he was too stupid to try to find them) and so he wsa trying to breed with my fry. He even went after my 2 week old fry!! One of my fry though, it was a boy, looked like his favorite female so he kept trying to breed with the juevenile male. lol. Little stalker creeper!!